What started as an ambition, has evolved into a world leading green agriculture company. JH Biotech continues to improve agriculture through research in sustainability and innovation thanks to the dedicated efforts of its employees. Join the team and contribute to the ever-advancing world of science and innovation.
- Participating in research and development projects for new biopesticides, nematicides, stubble digester products, seed coating products, and related products.
- Isolating thermophilic bacteria, halotolerant bacteria, nitrogen-fixing bacteria, and related plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria to develop new microbial products for increasing crop yields and nutritional contents.
- Performing research on carriers, emulsifiers, surfactants, minerals and related ingredients of microbial products and developing new or improved methods for extending company’s products’ shelf life, stability and compatibility.
- Designing and performing plant growth experiments in laboratory, greenhouse, and field for new and existing products; summarizing and statistically analyzing experimental data.
- Developing new and improved methods to analyze fertilizers and other soil amendment products; developing quality inspection procedure and performing quality control on cell count, microbial contamination, pH, electrical conductivity (EC), water content, nutrition elements, etc.
- Growing cultures of Trichoderma spp., Bacillus spp. and related microorganisms for biological production; improving media and methods for microbial cultures.
- Issuing test reports according to customer requirements, answering technical questions and resolving technical problems.
Master’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Soil and Environmental Sciences, Agricultural Science, Biochemistry, or a related field and 2 years of experience as Research Assistant, Research Associate, or a related occupation required. Graduate level academic coursework in instrumental analysis and design of fertilizer experiment required.
The required experience must include 2 years of experience in plant, soil and microbial sciences with the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex fertilizers to blend different straight fertilizers to develop scientifically validatable complex fertilizers without caking, precipitation, or foul smells;
- Using selective media, autoclave, laminar flow hood, horizontal electrophoresis system, and PCR thermal cycler to isolate, purify, and identify target microorganisms;
- Demonstrated knowledge of randomized block design to design and perform plant growth experiments in greenhouse and field;
- Use of Kjeldahl apparatus, UV / Vis spectrophotometer, flame photometer, atomic absorption spectrometer, pH meter, EC meter, and oven to obtain data of soils, composts, fertilizers and plant tissues;
- Summarizing and statistically analyzing data using SAS software and using SigmaPlot to make figures for scientific presentations. Demonstrated knowledge of ANOVA and least significant difference; and
- Demonstrated knowledge of culturing microorganisms on the solid and liquid media.
Employer’s name: JH Biotech, Inc.
Job site: 4951 Olivas Park Drive, Ventura, CA 93003
If you are interested in applying for this position, please mail resume with Job# P001 to HR at JH Biotech, Inc., 4951 Olivas Park Drive, Ventura, CA 93003.